Lucy was admitted as an attorney in 2005, having completed her articles at the formerly named, Routledge Modise Incorporated but now known as Hogan Lovells.
Lucy stayed on at Routledges until changing career paths to being in-house at FNB, where she was appointed as a Legal Contracts Manager in 2007.
Lucy was then promoted within the group, to Head of Legal (procurement) at Rand Merchant Bank.
Lucy left her in-house position to start Consilium Legal, with Natalie Laurencik in 2012.
Heading up Consilium, Lucy has found herself immersed in much of the same work she performed in the aforementioned roles as Consilium only takes on commercial, corporate and advisory work.
Lucy has extensive experience and expertise in:
• data privacy, drafting agreements and providing guidance and advice;
• Information and Communication Technology sector, providing advice and drafting agreements including, Software license and maintenance agreements, software development agreements, hardware agreements and other information technology agreements for services such as, inter alia, hosting, VOIP, fibre, data back up;
• business structuring, drafting Shareholder agreements, sale of shares and providing legal advice on the correct legal structure and entity for a business;
• drafting and negotiation of SLA’s, MSA’s and other commercial agreements;
• development and implementation of internal discipline and performance counselling strategies, chairing of disciplinary hearings;
• staff training and continuing education on data privacy, Consumer protection, roles and duties of directors under the Companies Act 2008, company secretarial services and the law relating to social media.