Natalie is the co-founder and a director of Consilium.
Natalie served her articles of clerkship at Routledge Modise Incorporated, completing same in 2007. She pursued her career at the same firm until 2012. Natalie has been a practicing attorney since.
During her tenure at the firm, Natalie was part of the commercial litigation team. She assisted on various high level matters, most notably:
• HC case in which the highest general damages award had been made to date;
• Acting for a well-known organisation, involved in approximately 45 interconnected litigious matters where the quantum involved was in excess of ZAR10 billion;
• Advising and acting for a large scale mining organisation in large scale DWAF disputes;
• Launching several urgent applications in a diverse range of issues.
Since leaving the firm, Natalie has sought to diversify her practice. Her expertise lies in commercial law, with a strong focus on the media, advertising, and PR sector. She has in her capacity at Consilium provided advisory commercial services, some of the highlights being:
• Negotiating and successfully executing a large acquisition in the advertising sector, with a value in excess of R200m;
• Advising a large short term insurance provider in relation to an acquisition by an industry leader;
• Negotiating several high value MSAs with major corporates;
• Hosting many data privacy seminars and guest speaking at corporate events.
She also has a keen interest in privacy and data protection, and is immersed in compliance programmes for clients across several different industries and regions. Natalie is also completing a IAPP certified GDPR DPO certification.